I'm quite sure the game took in plenty more money back in the hayday than
it does now, but only Valve knows that for sure. But look at CS:GO with the
sprays, or TF2 with the merasmissions. They're just looking for any way
they can get money from people now,.

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 10:48 PM, William Kane <ttall...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Losing money by "throwing away community servers", regaining money through
> different means with zero effort.
> Doesn't take a genius, so, once again, wake up please.

>> Well if you read my 3rd paragraph, you would see that they are losing
>> money by throwing away their community players. A large portion of
>> these players are leaving for Overwatch instead of joining official
>> servers now that the last few community servers are dying.
>>
>> You make it sound like communities don't add anything to their bottom
>> line. I've seen far more whales on community servers than official
>> ones, with dozens of unusuals in their backpack. And the total player
>> count hasn't been this low for the past 3 years. So the TF2 team is
>> also losing customers in some misguided belief that community servers
>> are bad or that it will make them more money.
>>
>> If Valve was really all about money they would go pay2win. They seem
>> to care about their reputation, except where it comes to community
>> servers, I don't see how anyone would ever risk participating in
>> Valve's ecosystem if they knew how they killed off community servers.

*Matthew (Rowedahelicon) Robinson*
Web Designer / Artist / Writer
Website - http://www.rowedahelicon.com/