  From: Eric (Deacon)
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 8:44 AM
  Subject: RE: [hlds_linux] [OT] Eric(deacon)

  > Also you'll be pleased to know that most of the upper section
  > of this page is devoted to you:

  No kidding.  My last name (as far as pipermail knows) begins with a
  parentheses.  As far as accusations of pure flamage, why don't you start
  clicking and reading?  I think you'll find that there's a very few
  emails in there that can be counted as flames, especially if you exclude

  Sit back and keep your six-shooter in your holster for a second.  First
  of all, I don't have time to be replying to each message as it comes
  along.  As part of my job, I'm jumping between different client sites
  all day, solving their computer problems (basically).  I don't get/check
  my mail throughout the work day.  You may find this hard to believe, but
  I also don't devote the entirety of my free time to these lists.  I
  really don't *have* much time to give as it is.  I am, though, *making*
  time right this second to deal with this stupidity right here and now
  even though my time would probably be much better spent with my ass in
  bed after too little sleep and too many work hours.  Now, I go over a
  day without any interaction with the list.  I come home after working
  late (again), having not left my last call till a little after 8pm.  I
  have over 100 emails waiting for me in the "HLDS Linux" folder.  I start
  churning my way through them, deleting most before they've been open 5
  seconds (you blame ME for that?).  However, out of those hundred or so
  emails, there are still some I reply to, and this happens all in a row.
  So you get the entirety of my contribution to the list in the space of,
  what, 45 minutes or so?  Some guy in Europe checks his mail during his
  lunch break and finds almost half the 30 new messages are from me (duh).
  And now the flamage begins alongside the demands that Valve "do
  something".  Pull your head out and give me a fucking break.  I take
  enough shit from clients and computers all day without having to get it
  from some dumb prick(s)--some of whom have contributed little or nothing
  at all themselves--being shitheads just because they can.  Not taking
  the time to figure it out?  Complaining that all my replies are back to
  back to back?  Complaining that my messages may not contain any more
  substantive content than the massive wave of others' messages?  Why
  would you single ME out, other than I make myself a visible target by
  not ignoring emails like this one to which I'm replying?  Please, leave
  your personal issues at the door.

  --
  Eric (the Deacon remix)