Maybe they should have tested less popular MOD's than CS to try VAC, like
TFC, and they would not tarnish their precious CS user base ; )
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tiscali Børge Amundsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 1:33 AM
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] New Security Modules 06.17.02

Eric Smith wrote:

 >  There have been some situations where the servers and clients got
 > into a state where they can't communicate properly (which falsely detects
 > the client as a cheater).
 >
 > NOTE: Please take into account that we've had problems with false
positives
 > when considering whether to permanently ban a player who was detected.

Eric.
Just how are we suppose to know the different between false and correct
detects ? We have nothing to base this from. VAC still don't log what
its detecting. The only one here not knowing is admins and clean
players. Cheaters know what cheats they have installed.

I have 15 CS servers. Full almost 24/7. Im part of a Norwegian bannlist
system named Server Admins Agains Cheats. (SAMC
http://raff.villmann.com/samc/). We are banning ALL VAC detected users
permanently in this database. SAMC is used by almost ALL Norwegian
servers. This means that a falsely detected user is permanently banned
from almost all Norwegian servers. I have a lot of complaints from users
saying they don't cheat. What can i do? , well what i do is to direct
all this users to valve support.  Im sure they is more able to decide if
this is false or correct.

IT MUST BE TIME for valve to share some info about this. AND its about
time VAC log a reason for what it detects. If not - well keep make us
banning clean users and i promise that they all stop playing this game.
(clean users that is .... grrr)

--
Vennlig hilsen / Best regards
Børge Amundsen

PS: Husk jeg får utrolig mye mail på denne kontoen.
Når du replyer til meg, er det viktig at du tar med hele
historikken slik at jeg skjønner hva mailen handler om.
Signer mail med Navn og nick.