From: "Kevin J. Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> if your server will autorestart (best way is to make it as a shell script
> imho) then just do an rcon quit and it will shut down the server, then
your
> shell script will pop it back up.

Read the rest of the thread, kev ;)

He's already running it in a loop via the bundled hlds_run script, but that
script is 'intelligent' so that if you do a quit or exit command it won't
loop (d'oh).

I can't really think of any way around that. Honestly, if you do not have
anything but rcon access to the server then you're screwed. What will you do
when there's a new patch released?!

Making the server crash will be the only solution I think. But that's easier
said than done.

Btw I tried what somebody suggested with "alias one one" then "one", but
that simply makes the server stop responding and peg the CPU at 100%. I'd
recommend Angus not try that one since without shell access you won't be
able to get the server back up :)

-Simon