Florian Zschocke writes:
> The question is, why then have screenshots in the first place, if
> VAC catches them anyway. Wasn't the idea to have screenshots for
> those cheats that VAC doesn't catch yet? But then you also can't
> tell if the cheat simply disbles itself when the screenshot is
> taken.

This all sends us back to the point that client side detection is always
unreliable. You can always find a way to synthesize a response from the
client that appears valid. The only way to do cheat detection/prevention is
server side. So we have HLGuard preventing wallhacks by simply not sending
the data. That seems pretty impossible to beat. What else can be done to the
server to secure it? And on that note, why is the aimbot stuff that detects
in-human motion disabled by default in HLGuard?

 -Mad

 --
Madness is soil in which creativity grows

              - Chris Bielek