I don't mean this to be an insult, but I would think that the hundreds
of admin's who are willing to test what cheats work and what cheats
don't would contribute alot in terms of mere manpower.

Secondly, my only source of relief in the battle of suspicion (worse
then actually finding cheaters is suspecting users of cheating) is to
try the cheats to see if I can recognize how the cheat works so I can
pick them out after the fact.

On the other hand, maybe this VAC is the end all solution and I won't
suspect people of cheating anymore.  In which case, I wouldn't care.