Hello Brian.

BAS> I do alot of upd socket rcon comms via php and have never seen
BAS> this bug even though I have written scripts and messed up the
BAS> rcon pass and ended
I've done that, too, it's very strange: With my PHP RCON script I can
try many passwords without getting banned, I don't know why. Probably
because of a different client port or whatever (shit, now those RCON
brute forcers know the way to go... :) )

The bug exists, though and it's very annoying because when you're
banned one time, you can't use RCON anymore until the server is
restarted. We set sv_rcon_banpenalty to 3 minutes but it doesn't help:
The server still "hates" the player after that time.

--
Best regards,
Jan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>