Just encountered this problem, when I tried to restart a cs-server:

# ./hlds_run -game cstrike
Auto-restarting the server on crash
Host_Init
Added packfile /home/gaming/hlds_l/valve/pak0.pak (985 files)
Protocol version 46
Exe version 3.1.1.0
Exe build: 14:46:34 Jun 11 2002 (2056)

And there it sits and idles.. no speakeasy.net download, no errors and not
even trying to load anything.

./hlds_run
Auto-restarting the server on crash
Host_Init
Added packfile /home/joja2/hlds_l/valve/pak0.pak (985 files)
Protocol version 46
Exe version 3.1.1.0
Exe build: 14:46:34 Jun 11 2002 (2056)
WON Auth Server
Server IP address 195.214.5.180:27015

This would be the output of a working server with no map specified.

I got the same prob with starting just HL but the server was running fine
15min ago, so I reinstalled from scratch to prevent misconfiguration. I have
another server with the same setup (hlds_3.1.1.0 and cs1.5 with metamod 1.13
and adminmod 2.50.26a) but this one is restarting instantly. Has anyone seen
this before? erm yes, I have an autoexec.cfg: map de_dust2

any help would be greatly appreciated