Bleah, well, it would have been a good deal...

If the prices weren't literally 3 times the price that the phone company
normally charges for DSL Around here...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Edward
Bender
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 11:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [hlds_linux] [OT] Speakeasy DSL, Linux, Servers and Free XBOX
or PS2

Hey Guys, this is Edward from Speakeasy. We're the largest privately
held Broadband provider in the States and we are also the host to a
bunch of Valve projects like www.valve-erc.com, the Steam Beta and the
Valve Anti-Cheat network/HLAuth servers and of course the Survey pages.
We're the official ISP of several gaming leagues, Shacknews, FileShack
and most recently SomethingAwful. We're also rated #1 residential ISP by
www.dslreports.com.

I'm really not trying to spam here, but I wanted you to know that we're
giving away free game consoles when people order our DSL, and many of
our users are people that host linux CS game servers. We encourage our
users to run servers and make the most of their connection and our call
center is staffed with people that "get it." Most of our packages come
with multiple static IP addresses and we don't do anything like
bandwidth limits.

So if you were thinking about getting DSL sometime in the future, or
switching to a better provider, I suggest doing it before the end of
this month so you can get a free XBox or PS2.

Here's the site for the promo: http://www.speakeasy.net/massive/

Sorry if this feels like annoying marketing BS, I just know a bunch of
admins that have and really like our service... so I figured I'd let you
know.

Here's the news release on this promo:
http://www.speakeasy.net/main.php?page=pr092302

Thanks guys. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.