My solution... This is just how it's set up on my server.
It's a little messy (Multiple echos, for instance...)

But basically...

System calls sysStartup.sh on startup....

Sets HLDIR to be the location of my HLDS_L installation...
Deletes erroneous PIDs...
Starts HALFD and my CSTRIKE server at the highest priority
possible, as the user HLDS.
Nicely calls my hltv_run script (I had it in a script since I was
doing so much troubleshooting)
Script switched to the HLDIR directory, and start a detatched
screen process with HLTV running inside of it.

##########

sysStartup.sh - Called by the system's startup script.
#!/bin/bash

echo "Starting Half-Life Dedicated Server"
export HLDIR=/usr/local/hlds_l
find $HLDIR -name "*.pid" -exec rm -f {} \; > /dev/null 2>&1
nice -n -20 su hlds -c '/usr/local/halfd/halfd -g cstrike &' >
/tmp/hlstart1.lo$
echo "Starting Half-Life TV"
nice -n 10 su hlds -c '$HLDIR/hltv_run'

hltv_run - Called by that previos script.

#!/bin/bash
echo "Starting HalfLife TV Server"
cd $HLDIR
screen -dmS hltv ./hltv +connect 161.115.163.13