Fra: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:hlds_linux-admin@;list.valvesoftware.com] På vegne av
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 28. oktober 2002 15:38
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: Re: [hlds_linux] HLTV-proxy on a linux-box

--On Sunday, October 27, 2002 05:29:11 PM +0100 Christian Voltersvik
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Any tricks there? I’m trying to start a HLTV-proxy for my warserver…
> Commandline-script containing:
>
> ./hltv +connect 80.232.110.126:27018 –port 27020 &

The problem is the '&' sign at the end of the line. As hltv is an
interactive program it expects input from the keyboard! And as
background processes aren't attached to the keyboard HLTV stops until it
gets attached to the keyboard again (using "fg"). (that's a simplyfied
explanation...).

You can use "screen" to keep the keyboard attached to HLTV even when you
log out of the box. See "man screen"...

[FAW]Terran
--
visit http://www.excalibur-cs.de/