Ok, im running 2 16 person CS servers, and 1 20 person CS server on a p4
1.7GHZ machine. The 2 16 person servers are empty 90% of the time. The
people on the 20 person server experience lag spikes every couple of
minutes. We have watched the "top" for the machine and there is no
processor overloading and no problems with RAM, as there is 100mb of
free ram. There is about 30GB free on the hard disk. I have also set
maxrate to 9999, and minrate to 2000. I have run out of things to check.
The network has been fine as it is a full 100mbit connection to the
network, and with the other 2 servers just not being used, its not like
there is bandwidth problems. All of the servers are running on separate
ip addresses. The machine is running on a RH 7.2 install, pretty much
stripped to the basics. Anyone have any ideas of other stuff I could
check. Thanks.

Phillip Meents
www.v4hosting.net