-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Rich
Carrillo
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 4:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] VAC and HLDM

How do those numbers speak for themselves? "Massive exodus"? I've
been
roughly following the Gamespy statistics for well over a year,
and there is
no evidence of any such massive exodus to Wolfenstein
(overlooking the fact
that the Gamespy numbers don't track any sort of "exodus" from
players of
one game to another).

In fact, instead of losing numbers, I would argue that
Counter-Strike has
gained players. I just looked at the statistics right now at
12:45PM PST on
a Thursday, and they told me that CS alone has over 106,000
players right
now. That would compare favorably with last year, when in the
middle of
summer CS had 60,000 players at noon on a weekday. That's an
increase of
over 45,000 players during a comparable weekday last year. And it
isn't even
peak hours right now.

I think it's important to remember that just because people who
have been
playing CS since Beta 1 decide that they want a change, that
doesn't
necessarily mean that the people who picked up the game recently
are ready
to put it down any time soon.

TorchedN00dle
http://csnation.counter-strike.net/