"Tyler "Overkill" Schwend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
| The Deacon seems to be the most frequent poster I think....

lol, but his signal-noise ratio is usually pretty bad :)

| I haven't been here long, but I figure if he's convinced, more
| follow. I certainly don't want half of the people to go "Yay
| forums!" and the other half to go "Die forums!" and then split up
| this colorful group of people...

lets not have 10 different places for information.  the UA forums already
server the purposes you mention and the mailing list/newsgroup solution is
fine and proven for most people's needs.

in my opinion forums are great when you want to reach everyday,
unsophisticated community users.  us admins are l33t and don't need to deal
with all the limitations of forums.

<plug>
yes, there is a news server that mirrors the mailing list.  a joy to read
these lists in this way.  news://news.buddhapest.com
</plug>

~j