James Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 04:11:58PM +1300, Jeremy Brooking wrote:
>> On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 16:06, James Clark wrote:
>>
>>> *A good example of this would be that idiotic grammar thread.
>>>
>>> Oops =)
>>
>> Or anything posted by Eric (the Deacon remix)
>
> Absolutely.

Or in fact, anything from you two as well :)

Sometimes I just want to scream "SHUT UP!" when I read through this
list. Such myriad pathetic, pedantic arguments about the tiniest
irrelevancies. This is a mailing list not a chat room. When you post a
message to a list, keep in mind that you're broadcasting your thoughts
to hundreds of other people (to be recorded in the archives for
perpetuity). Stop and think, is what I'm posting really of any value to
anyone, or am I just going to annoy people and make a fool of myself?

Of course I am committing hipocrisy and simply perpetuating this thread
by replying here, which is why I usually just fume silently. Sigh...

-Simon

PS: Hound is right. Those Windoze lam3rs on the HLDS list are much
better behaved than a lot of the people here, and the list generally has
a much higher SNR. Interesting.