Kevin J. Anderson wrote:

what do you guys think?  anyone know if this is actually coded into the
linux server? would that be good? bad?

It most probably wouldn't be bad. The question is, would it be any
good. A few years a go most TCP/IP implementations ignored the TOS
field and the same was true for the majority of routers. I'm not
sure if that changed much by now. I know that quite a few routers
in the Net still ignore the TSO field. Does anybody have
additional current data on this?

Florian.

--
Want to produce professional emails and Usenet postings?