Yeah.  I guess I would have to agree here.  VAC disabled all the 3rd
party alternatives on it's inception (almost).  Those were people
volunteering their time and making updates fairly regularly.

I don't hate VAC, but clearly the update frequency is far short of the
anti-cheats it no longer allows.  It's good to see CD come back.  I'm
not sure I want to use it yet, but we'll see.

Valve, I think even if there is a small update for a single cheat, VAC
should be updated.  If your waiting to nail 10 at a time (I don't know
that they are), it doesn't work well in the mean time for us, or
possibly even overall.

--
- m0gely
http://quake2.telestream.com/