Drew Broadley wrote:

I don't want to sound critical but:

- Incorrect cheat detection.
(banning on of my internet café computers for having a corrupt memory
module and continuously displaying from VAC "you are now temporarily
banned for a week for having previous cheats installed on this computer"
over, and over with no response from VALVE about unbanning it, hey
everyones a cheater especially when you get put on the GLOBAL banlist,
guilty til never having the chance to prove your innocence ?), and FYI
the computers are locked down and the head desk is notified when an
additional program is installed to the machine, in other words, cheats
have never touched our internet café computers.

Funny, I seem to remember mentioning this before, and I was told it wont be an issue.

Right drew, go buy new PC's and new copies of HalfLife, so your bussiness can keep running, due to someone elses fuck up.

- All that having to restart servers after a VAC update.
(ending up with 1000 emails asking why 99% of New Zealands Gaming
Servers are down and having little IRC sh*t's spamming "I skipped school
to play cs now the servers arent even working)

Using Pentium II Optimised binary. Auto-restarting the server on crash

Console initialized.
Protocol version 46
Exe version 3.1.1.1
Exe build: 16:50:03 May 30 2003 (2409)
Timed Out.

Does get really tedious after a while.

As well as servers dropping out of secure mode, after an update (I
presume that was the cause), and yes, I have the latest and greatest
patches.

- Increasing CPU, Descreased performance.

Unfortunate, but its something im willing to deal with to make sure people with cheap memory get banned for using my servers.

- Having a banlist that you cannot even contact a "selected" person
regarding WONID's being on the list:
    * http://www.valvesoftware.com/people.htm -> No one
    * http://www.valvesoftware.com/contact.htm -> Not one response from
emailing every single person on that page...
    & stuff emailing it to this list, you would just get ridiculed.

Ive mentioned this before, and apparently no one gives a shit. Youre an evil cheater drew, VAC wouldnt lie, now go to heel and rott.

</sarcasm>

- Hitbox conspiracies, and more ?

VALVe killed Kennedy, not the CIA.

Isn't it time to let a dying horse, die ?
Or at least have some sort of VAC support/bugzilla page SOMEWHERE, ILL
MAKE IT, DAMMIT ILL EVEN MAINTAIN IT.. ARGH THE INSANITY!!!!!
*Breaths in.. Breaths out... Breathes in.....*

And I offer you my full support with this, Time, Hosting, Mail etc..

Disclaimer: I'm only referring to VAC, the HLDS support has been
amazing. Good work Valve!

Totally agree, the updates patches and code enhancements recently are very much appreciated.

Love Drew.
</rant>