According to the great words of Tony Di Schino:
> I've tried putting nice -adjust -20 before ./hlds_run but no go. I've
> tried putting it before screen but no go as well. How can I Nice my hlds
> process while using the screen command in the command line?

Good point - it won't work if you're running hlds as a user since a user
cannot increase a priority beyond 0. Only root can nice to a negative
number. I use an hourly cron job to renice the process, which gets it if
it has crashed for some reason. I think all it does is renice all
processes owned by the user hlds. I don't have console access to the box
right now to look at it; try man renice for more help.

-Mad

--
"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a
proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

                – Prime Minister Jean Chrétien