Might be tfc only. I have that setup on all my cs servers now and even the
32 players, no probs.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mad Scientist" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 4:53 PM
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Some questions!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> actually the + isnt necessary just put
>
> -game cstrike ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 2701x maxplayers ## map
> de_whatever
>
> Personally i run all mine with the port, ip, maxplayers, and start map
> in the autoexec.cfg.

I found when I put maxplayers in the autoexec.cfg, my server crashed
immediately upon the 7th player joining. It seemed the server knew more
than 6 could play and allowed the player to join, but the arrays that
contained the player info weren't big enough for more than six, causing an
overflow/core dump. Maybe this is only a TFC bug? Anyhow, I do it on the
command line now.

-Mad

--
"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a
proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

                - Prime Minister Jean Chrétien