->-----Original Message-----
->From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
->[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
->[EMAIL PROTECTED]
->Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 6:28 PM
->To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
->Subject: Re: [OT] [hlds_linux] Valve's Response to CPU Usage

->
->How long is valve gonna sit around with their dicks in their
->hands thinking
->we are either making this up or just not caring? I cant afford to wait 6
->months for valve to fix this. If they are getting low cpu usage on their
->hardware with hlds_l then by god give us the specs down to the
->make/model of
->everything and lets see if they are bs'n us.
->
->You guys at valve gonna fix this at all? I know you read this list. We are
->calling you out. We want an answer on this.
->
->PS - one last thing all you small time server admins (like
->myself) out there
->making all your money off cs servers. 3 words. Class Action Lawsuit. If my
->business fails because of this and I cant find customers quick enough to
->make money still then i will look into this. My wife works at a lawfirm.
 froma previous email from alfred:

These are the 3 machines we actively test with. None have revealed anywhere
near the CPU load other people report.

Build Machine:
>gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/2.95.3/specs
gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)
>uname -a
Linux linuxbuild2 2.2.5 #1 Fri Apr 2 16:37:56 MEST 1999 i686 unknown
SuSE Linux 6.1 (i386)
> cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2200+
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 1795.387510
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
sep_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr 6 mce cx8 9 sep 12 pge 14 cmov
fcmov 17 22 mmx 24 30 3dnow
bogomips        : 1789.13

GNU C Library production release version 2.0.7

64 bit build machine:
>gcc -v
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.2.2 (SuSE Linux)
> uname -a
Linux 64bitcompiler 2.4.19 #1 Wed Apr 30 15:17:44 UTC 2003 x86_64 unknown
UnitedLinux 1.0 (AMD64)
> cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 4
model name      : Athlon HX
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 1595.496
cache size      : 1024 KB
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext lm 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 3185.04
TLB size        : 1088 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
power management: ts ttp

GNU C Library stable release version 2.2.5

Test1:
>uname -a
Linux alfred_linux 2.4.19-16mdkcustom #3 Fri Feb 21 14:26:04 PST 2003 i686
unknown unknown GNU/Linux
Mandrake Linux release 9.0 (dolphin) for i586
>cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 5
model name      : Pentium II (Deschutes)
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 400.914
cache size      : 512 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr
bogomips        : 799.53