> Lets not deny that this release is using A LOT more cpu than the last.
> Its pretty much FACT - unless you happen to be one of the lucky few with
> a SUPER KERNEL that runs 5% cpu with a 32 player server....and we all
> know that's bs.

Sorry James, but I have to deny it, because it's true.  I've spent more time
looking at top on full gameservers in my life than I care to admit, and 1.6
runs as well or better than 1.5.  18 players never even spikes past 35%, even
on office or aztec, running a single P4 and Slack 8.

Terribly sorry for the issues you and a few others seem to be having...but
don't say it can't be done.  Best of luck to you.

Oh, and to the original question in this thread...I wouldn't hang a winblows
box out on the Internet unless I was a masochist....