Jonathan M wrote:

Its also possible to have those servers running for months and years without a problem.

Windows just cant do that,  its getting better and coming closer, but it
just cant do it.

I had a q2 server running populated back in the day on windows 95 for 75 days before I had to install an update and reboot. The q2 mod I ran wasn't always that stable but the machine was gold.

I have had nt workstations (read: not server) go over 200 days on more than one
occasion also without a reboot.  I realize this is not the general experience,
but, it can do that.

--
- m0gely
http://quake2.telestream.com/