From: "Mad Scientist" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 6:47 PM
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Content hosting provided by...

According to the great words of dual_bereta_r0x:
> Mad Scientist wrote:
>> How can I get a banner into the empty box that says "Content
>> hosting provided by:" when somebody is connecting to my servers?
>> You know the one when the connection dialog is "validating game
>> resources"?
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> just give them 50mbit/s to get a banner.

I'm not talking about all the banners when you browse around STEAM,
chat, get updates, etc. I'm talking about the one you see when you are
downloading maps from *my* server and/or connecting and validating
resources against *my* server. If that content isn't provided by me,
then I don't know what is. To date, I have seen no banners in that
particular box, so my assumption is that that one remains blank until I
put something there.

Valve? Any response on this? Why is that banner box empty when the
others contain ads? How do I fill it?

-Mad

--
"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a
proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

                - Prime Minister Jean Chrétien