DLinkOZ wrote:
We brought in a dedicated 100mb via fiber into our datacenter for $5k US.
Excellent bandwidth, and dirt cheap to boot.

Do you guys live next to a fibre tree or something? My T1 costs $650/mo w/ a $670/mo local loop (Verizon) fee. To bring a fractional DS3 into my building w/ 3Mb dedicated is like $3000+ per month. I would LOVE to know how to get more for my money. Verizon thinks their copper is worth GOLD. Even if I ditch my current provider for the inet and go all Verizon (which I may aftet our contract is up) I would only save about $250/mo.

Part of my problem is I am no where very close to the ring in my area so
these loop fees suck. My building believe it or not is probably 100feet
away from I-5 on the west coast where 95% of the fibre is sitting
dark... grr.

--
- m0gely
http://quake2.telestream.com/