So people download from a public HTTP/FTP server in game, yeah?

Would make sense.  Although there would be no way of restricting people
leeching from your server if you didn't want people who weren't on the
game server downloading it.  The only way you could do that would be to
get the server to act as a proxy and limit connections to that IP -
which would defeat the point of an external server.

Although, for those of us who have enough bandwidth to burn on such
things, how would a list of resources be kept with the map on?  It
wouldn't take long before 404's started to appear and things went to pot.

I like the sound of that though.  Anything to seperate away from slow
downloads from a server, or the joys that is 384kbps trickling off the
Steam network.

--
Wireplay Official
http://www.wireplay.co.uk/

Frash wrote:
I don't think this is all that funny.

VALVe succeeded in having a secure online play system (Won) for 6 years,
Im sure you guys find a way to force them to buy the normal version.

Anyways I might have an interesting feature suggestion about the downloading
protocol
in the following thread:
http://www.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11173

Regards,