Well in my opinion security in hlds is a major topic, and should be
included in this list.  Every sysadmin should be converned about
possible security holes in every service/daemon they run, including
hlds.  A good way to prevent many security issues that may arise is
through a chroot jail.  The point of this list is to ask questions and
share ideas among fellow linux hlds server administrators.  In my
opinion, chroot jails are as ontopic as VAC and security exploits (like
that statsme one from yesterday).

I think that it would be a waste of time to start a new list called
"hlds linux security" when you already have an active list here with
many people willing to talk about it.

Florian Zschocke wrote:

localhost wrote:

In my opinion something about chrooting processes on linux is VERY
ontopic for this list considering that many admins do it and others are
interested (such as myself)

IMHO, running hlds in a chroot jail is SO on-topic, it's hard to beat by
most so-called on-topic posts of the last month. And it is certainly
more on-topic than dozens of "me too" mails that are bound to appear
now. :)

Florian