The architecture of the system has little to do with this. BTW hlds
already has support for processors that blow the current sparcs away,
the opteron. Don't think so? Check the sun website, they are offering
opterons as an alternative b/c sparc is showing its age. The new sparc
design may be better, but whats the point in talking about hardware that
doesnt exist yet? Maybe you're suggesting the sparc b/c of its parallel
processing capabilities. Well, the xeon and the opteron both support up
to 8way smp, which should be able to run a lot more than 4 of these
hypothetical 64 player servers. Heres the real problem with 64 player
servers, map size. HLDS really starts to crawl when maps get large. A
map large enough to hold 64 players at once would probably be the
biggest issue with hlds and I'm not sure how much raw horsepower could
help this.

LOLOLOL!   I didn't know hlds was ported to sparc!!   That's the only way
you're gonna get 4 64-player servers on one box, let alone ONE!!   Hell, you
can barely fit a 32 on one x86 proc under 3.1.1.0 with a few addons.

Wishful thinking at best.

/BA
/Michigan Burbs

Thanks,