On Thursday, August 12, 2004 1:34 PM NZT,
Alfred Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Because it needs to be accurate to with 0.5% or so, and its onerous
(and
> asking for trouble) forcing a server op to set it.

Are we talking about actual clock frequency, or a MIPS-type value?

Would the detected CPU speed decrease if the CPU is not 100% idle when
the test is run? I can see that will cause problems if that is the case.

How about a little utility that can be run once (with nothing else
running) that will calculate the correct value, then the admin can
provide that value back to SRCDS every time as a cvar or whatever.

-Simon