Steven Hartland wrote:

Read the mail list archives and you will find the answer.
Basically u need to upgrade your OS unless Valve do
a compile compatible with older versions :(

Steve / K

It's time for ya to upgrade anyways ;p. Debian Woody is kinda out of date anyways and Sarge is about to be released (as stable) soon. For all you FreeBSD users, it's a linux port so please don't b*tch about that it doesn't work for you. The only reason the old HLDS worked was becaused it was built for older glibcs (ok if this is wrong correct me (i havent tried cs:s on a freebsd machine yet)). I think it's about time that all GSPs update to the "newer" glibc 2.3 which has been around for a while.

Philip