It's been a couple months since I last posted and now I have ran my
server without even Metamod. While the memory usage appears to be a
little better it's still not right.  To recap:

CS 1.5 server Iceworld 24/7 - 12 player
Mods: MM 1.17, AMX 0.9.8a, WebMod .47, HLG 1.52
Mem usage: 310M after *90+ days* of uptime (from 65M at startup)
Player connections: 85k+

The new info:

CS 1.6 server Iceworld 24/7 - 12 player
Mods: NONE. No metamod, NOTHING
Mem usage: 164M after *24 hours* (from 65M at startup)
Player connections: 1075

My server:
AMD MP 2800+ (2)
FreeBSD 4.9

I would like to know why a default hlds/1.6 has gained half the memory
usage of a modded hlds/1.5 in roughly 1/90th of the time.  Also, no the
memory usage keeps rising it doesn't stop.  So, as I said before, it's
*not* AMX, and it's *not* Metamod.  My 1.5 server after a week would be
up to 75M *maybe*. This tells me there is a memory leak.

--
- m0gely
http://quake2.telestream.com/