Both CS 1.6 and CZ exhibit this behavior. I've seen a CZ server,
completely stock, use over 300megs in under 24 hours. It doesn't always
happen so quickly, but the more active a server is, the quicker it occurs.

It has nothing to do with how many maps in the cycle or even which maps,
it always occurs overtime. I would suspect that the server is either, A,
not deallocating player slots correctly when players disconnect, or B, not
deallocating maps correctly when mapchange occurs. Since it seems to occur
more often when a server is active, I'd suspect A.