That is a good plan but this bug/cheat/exploit/whatever is already public. I
have ready it many many times. Hell it even was on my website that has a
small following.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gareth Jones
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 9:04 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Re: Cheatlike consolecommands

I'd imagine that maybe the best approach for this kind of thing would be the
follow the usual exploit notification - send it to Valve directly first and
give
them a week or so to make a fix, and let them know that you'll be making
other
admins (and whoever else is on this list) aware after x date.

That at least gives Valve a chance to fix it before it becomes (more)
public.

But at the same time, the exploit that we're talking about here was already
posted on a public forum, so it's not like it wasn't already (at least
kinda)
public.

Kingsley Foreman wrote:
> do u mean before someone decides to post it to a public mail list???
>
> Could u imagine if I did that with the code that we wrote as a proof of
> exploit for the rcon bug??
>
> Kingsley

<old stuff snipped>

---