-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of muldy
Sent: 28 September 2004 23:53
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] CS:S Maps

Mark Ellis wrote:

>I fully understand the meaning of beta test, but what use is a beta test
>without a decent amount of data, feedback and updates.

I guess that is the end of the beta test?

It is nearly for us we just can’t gather any useful data now due to the lack
of players, 3 admins have tried tonight to fill 4 servers but there are just
not enough players and some don’t stay more than a few rounds.

It is not the server or the game but just people getting bored I think, we
could happly plug away with a single server and 6-10 peeps but this just
really is not testing our hardware or the game and as the updates are so
slow coming it's not like you are doing loads of play testing either.

If this is a serious beta test then I would be expecting a server update
every other night at the very least.

I have to agree with Micheal Patterson's mail about boosting the sales of CZ
as I do know a few peeps that have got copies of CSZ from ebay etc just to
play and see the beta and do you blame them I have just been back on a 1.6
server for the first time in 2-3 weeks and god I had forgotten how bad
de_dust looks in 1.6

Mark

---