Thanks m0gely for tying to make me look like an asshole without knowing
what you're talking about.  HL Protocol requires that you also install a
client portion for it to work, consiquently, most people do not use HL
Protocol.  Now that Steam protocol is out and about, I'm sure people
will use it more and more.  It seems as though only the hardcore CS
Sysadmins knew about HL Protocol.  Yes, people have wanted this for
years in CS, however, as usual with a younger gaming community, people
are often too lazy to take initiative.

Kevin J. Anderson wrote:

m0gely wrote:

Jason Weisberger wrote:

In the two years I've been in the CS business, I've never heard of
anybody using, much less mentioning HL Protocol except for this list.

And that matters? You put a link on a web page. People click it. Done, thats it. Who cares if no ones heard of it?

and, its not exactly accurate too.   People have wanted this for quite a
while now, as UT, and other games have had this feature for years and
years.  I'ts very usefull, actually.   Not only for game communities,
but also extremely helpfull at lanpartys etc.

kev