Zak Haque wrote:

I purchased the game from GAME uk, 1. Not knowing it would need the dvd to
play whenever i wanted to play HL2 or CS:S, 2. It being those new hi-tech
copyright protected dvd rom's.

I meet the Minimum system spec, i have a DVD-RW drive, but because my drive
does not support SecuROM R5 (made by sony) i will have to pay for a new
dvd-rw drive or a standard dvd-rom drive which does support SecuROM, oh and
theres no way of knowing which ones do until u buy them!! GOOD ONE VU
GAMES!!

The error i get is "Unable to authenticate original disc within time limit."

If i had known all this i would have just ordered VIA steam, and then not
have to worry about using dvd to play everytime, also this will make the dvd
go thru some wear and tear, what am i supposed to do when it gets scratched
buy a new DVD because this one is so well protected i cannot even make a
backup?

Other people are definately having this problem, i read it on the
steampowered forums before they conveniently went down, i would like to know
of anybody on here whose having same problem maybe, or maybe had the same
problem with others games and knows a way around it? before i go and spend
yet another Â20 on this game to buy a new dvd-rom drive.

I tried downloading Generic SecuROM crack v6.0 by pedro, but this program
wont run on my pc, it says "internal error"

i have spent Â32.99 on this game, have the original DVD but still cant play
it

So do the smart thing and chuck the dvd away and register your key in
steam then download the game =D

--

- Bruce "Bahamut" Andrews