[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have just installed C-D on one of my servers to help filter the cheaters.
For the people who are running C-D servers, have they worked better then
VAC?

I've recently been forced into running CD. I dont like doing so at all, but cheaters were out of control and we all know what's happening with VAC updates (i.e. nothing at all).

Yes CD has worked far better than VAC. Cheats are down a huge amount.

That CD (understandably) just stops cheaters from joining, or kicks bad people
(rather than banning) is a bit of a downside though.

Do you run it on optional or required?

I strongly reccomend required. Optional removed any 'security' from vac and allows cheats to get on, run around like idiots for a few minutes, rack up a bunch of superspeed cheating kills and then get kicked, only to return and do it all over again, if CD is set to kick in after [x] kills or whatever.

If CD is on, it should be on.

There is a cmd to pop up a message when people are kicked by CD to get them to
install and run CD (cdnovalidatecmd "message"), but as everyone here knows
already, users dont often read motds or messages like that very much and often
the message gets lost and they just get angry that they get kicked over and over
again. Which sucks.

Has server traffic decreased because you installed C-D?

Yes. This is a big downside for me. While I'm sure some of the decrease is due to cheaters not playing, I think there are far more people that just cant be bothered downloading/installing/running CD who simply go to another server which doesn't require it.

Still, until VAC2 comes out - or at least an update for VAC - the servers need
better protection than what is there currently with VAC.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.296 / Virus Database: 265.5.4 - Release Date: 15/12/2004