On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Ruffneck wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Coule someone tell me what the mininum system requirements are to run a
> dedicated linux CS server ?
>
> Here at work they are migrating the old servers to new ones, and so it
> happens that this friday I will have 7 x Pentium 3 866 Mhz with 1024 MB
> RAM running Redhat at my disposal :)
>
> They are all located in our colocation suite behind 100 Mbit bandwidth.
>
> My boss gave me the green light to host gameservers on them, cause he's a
> fanatic gamer himself :)
>
> But I was wondering if the machines are "strong" enough to run
> Counter-Strike on it, so I hope anyone can tell me more about the specs a
> servers needs to have.
>
> Thanks in advance,

With some OS tweaking you should be able to run 12-16 players on each
server depending on your setup. amx and such eats resources.

I run a warserver on a p3 733 without it hitting the roof. But that is a
clean install (VAC enabled) w/o any plugins what so ever... I also did run
a 1.6 server on a p3 550 without any problem with amx, but without VAC.

/Bjorn

--

An image is worth a thousand strings.