I have been able to replicate the issue of rcon failing to bind and it
is pretty much obvious. Use something like netcat to connect to the rcon
port and do not disconnect. At the same time reboot the source server.
You'll see that it won't be able to rebind RCON as the OS still lists
the connection in the TIME_WAIT state. I do not know whether you have
exactly fixed this bug so I posted here.

Regards,

Philip