howdy,

1) Take a look at file access rights. Folders should be 664, files 644.
Maps, materials, etc... all the files.

2) Check if:
    a) game server and alternate download server contains all the needed
files (map, materials, etc)
    b) check if "sv_downloadurl" site can be accessed via http
'anonymously' (it should be)
    c) check if alternate download server has correct file access rights,
and the files can be downloaded
    d) Is "sv_downloadurl" set in server.cfg? If yes, did you changed the
map after the modifications you made in the file? If settings are in
game.cfg, have you restarted the game server?
     e) "sv_downloadurl" should look like this in a separate line:
sv_downloadurl "http://myserver.com/cssource/downloads";
     f) download site has exactly the same structure of files as game
server? inside "downloads", there should be a "maps" folder with the maps, a
"materials" (if any) with materials etc...

3) If maps have extra files (block, concrete, materials, brick, etc, etc
folder) is a same name but "res" extension file beside of the "bsp" file in
the maps folder? Is it contains -correctly- the extra files' list?

4) Have you ever just stopped to smell the roses? :D

Let me know about the situation.

Regards,
The Fool

****

InspectorGifts wrote:

For some reason my server refuses to download maps to clients, it comes up
with "'missing map cstrike/maps/blabl' disconnecting".  Now I have
sv_allowdownload 1 on and cannot seem to understand why it wont work :|.
I've seen it working on other servers, so I know it should.  what am i
doing wrong??.