From: "The Fool" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Subject: [hlds_linux] Ventrilo as a cheat?
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:15:32 +0100

hi all,

I read an idea on a forum that ventrilo should be disabled somehow on
CS:S
game servers.
The reason was -and i think it's a right one- that ventrilo can be
used as
cheat on public servers, or, if a spect. is enabled "just to see the
war"
it
can be used on a war server too.

This is because, ventrilo works even if the player is dead or in
spect. so
the cheater can report the opponents' move.
Hard task to disable it, 1st, because it's a 3rd party software, and
2nd,
ventrilo is not the only audio communication software (even MS MSN
can be
used to cheat like that).

Any ideas, suggestions?

My idea is to disable moving through the map if the player is in
spect or
dead. But it's not a nice move (on public srv), because dead moods
can't do
anything, just sit at their boxes seeing the last picture they saw
before
they died...

Cheers, The Fool

ps.: I know it's not just a linux-related issue, but a global one.
Sry if
you desire it's a spam-like mail ;)

Genau, und auf LAN bekommt jeder ein Pflaster auf den Mund. :rolleyes: