Original message from ploc:

> yeah gave me a error that it couldn't bind to that ip or something I
> figured it was just that im using cable threw a router so figured it
> couldn't bind it cause the ip wasn't actually accessable threw that
> computer or that computer didn't know the ip as its own

You cannot bind to an IP that isn't the IP of one of the interfaces on
the machine itself; this is a fundamental of the IP protocol, not a
limitation of the srcds/hlds.

If you are behind NAT, you need to forward the ports of the external IP
to one of your interfaces and bind to its IP.  If you are unable to do
this, you are not able to host anything the Internet can see and are
SOL.

--
Chris