BTW, here is what was also a good post, not "the one", but worthy
http://server.counter-strike.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30409
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathan Marcus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 6:16 PM
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Server Behind NAT

Okay, I knew you were on a BSD box.  This problem only occurs on Linux/BSD
routers, I have right now a linux router myself, there is a definate
problem
somewhere with these routers when hosting any HLDS (UT2004 is like butter
for me!), but I persist on.

I know that ip thing sounds wrong, but can people still join from the
outside?  I can prove my point here, just not in precise words.  If you
pay
close attention to the startup log, in the middle it should state your ip,
as you entered it.  But it wont, it turns it (for god knows why), into an
incorrect decimal ip.  I appologize I do not remember exactly where to
look.
But take it out of your server.cfg, your autoexec.cfg, your startup.  OUT
OUT OUT!!!  As long as people can direct connect from outside, it is
alright
at this point.

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT DIRECT CONNECTING, my head almost blew
up.  I knew the server I had was setup right, and I'm like "Why the heck
isn't it showing up now?"  Now, I'm guessing here, but I think** the port
is
like 1423 to open?  Its something that is way off in TCP, but it has to do
with the listing of the server.

What I meant by listening on both, which in my context was wrong, was
frankly the machine is physically located inside of the LAN.  If you
specify
an internal address, it will cause a conflict with the router itself, and
put you back a month or so.  I am loookin for that post, it solved all my
problems.  But do not hesitate to keep asking, I hate reading with these
routers when people say "All fixed."  And dont say squat on how!!!!!! (I
believe some frankly give up)