Hello all,

Thanks for the replies.

> The maps were not compiled correctly for Linux.  You would need to
> contact the map-makers with this complaint.

This strikes me as a little bizarre.

I know nothing of mapping for Valve games, but I was under the impression
that a map is a map, regardless of what server it is running on.

Can someone detail what actual differences there are that need to be catered
for under Linux?  And perhaps why this needs to be the case?

Someone mentioned case-sensitivity in asset names used in the BSP.  Dare me
to criticise, but if case-sensitivity is causing a server to segfault,
there's something seriously wrong there.

I can't say I've experienced this kind of problem with other games, such as
Quake 3 servers (Windows and Linux have been almost identical in basic
operation).

Cheers,
--
Bart King -- http://www.bart666.com