-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alfred
Reynolds
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 8:47 PM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlds_linux] CS:S server crash on particular custom maps

The win32 physic lump contains surface data that was compressed with a
win32 library (the linux data uses the uncompressed lump). We didn't
spend the time reimplementing the compression library from scratch under
Linux (it's a megabyte or two of extra data, only worth it for low end
clients playing the single player game).

- Alfred