I'm having a problem:

Running linux, running 2.6.x kernel, set -tickrate to 100 with ./srcds_run and
even set +fps_max to 300

rcon stats when the server is empty, 99-100fps. As the server gets more
populated (going from 0/12 to 5/12, to 10/12, to 12/12) the fps goes down and
down.. down to 10fps. CPU usage goes up to 96% when it gets down to 10fps

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can keep it at 100fps?

On 2.4.x kernels, if i set -tickrate 100 and +fps_max to 300, the fps doesn't
go past 50.

Secondly,  Alfred,

Is there any we can lock the FPS the server run at? You see, on 2.6.x kernels,
if you put fps_max [number] the server will run at that number

so if you put fps_max 100 it'll run at 100 and you can change it on the fly.

on 2.4.x kernels, setting -tickrate to 100, or any number, does not increase
the fps. On 2.4.x kernels, setting -tickrate to any number AND using fps_max to
any number higher than 33, doesn't budge the server fps

- How can we raise the server fps on 2.4.x kernels? I tried -tickrate 100 and
fps_max 100, it says 100,but as soon as someone joins it becomes 50, and even
lower.

- I've found that I don't need to set -tickrate to raise the server fps on
2.6.x kernels, just fps_max - ?

Either way, alfred, how can we set it up so we can lock the fps?

I tried running the startup file with +fps_max 100 or whatever, but they can
always change it later.

Could it be possible to make it so the fps_max AND -tickrate can ONLY be set
with ./srcds_run and cannot be changed later until the server restarts and
./srcds_run re-runs?

-node