-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andrew
Forsberg
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2005 6:35 PM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] VALVe getting critism from 3 sides for
blocking the "fancy menu hack"

>>People keep claiming this "other" method is documented so where is
said
>>documentation?
>>Note: I havent looked for it myself
>>

>I haven't either but this is directly quoted from the hlcoders list:
>
>A "hack" is a funny thing to call a user message nicely documented in
>cl_dll/menu.cpp.

Well, if you got that far, why didn't you read Alfred's response:
http://www.mail-archive.com/hlcoders%40list.valvesoftware.com/msg12119.h
tml

Mani doesn't seem all that fussed about it:

> mani_use_amx_style_menu 0
>
> This will allow you to use the 'official' Valve menu system. You will
> be prompted to press 'Esc' to see the menu system.
>
> Sorry about this everyone but it was always a risk that Valve would
> pull the plug on that style of menu system.

i.e., oh well -- you no longer can use the old style menus... now you
need to use the official ones.