I give my users access to their entire hlds_l or hlds_source dir. If
they choose to run a hacked version that's up to them. As a provider
your only providing the platform to run the game on. Not the game itself
right?

Yes lots of linux installs ftp give access to
everything in the users home directory including all
of the server files.  I don't think its uncommon at
all.

--- EqualHate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

your argument about files being outside of the
cstrike directory, and therefore untouchable would
be valid if not for the fact that I also have access
to them.  they are not outside of user's control
log in via FTP  one of  my servers I can access
these files:
initial login
\css directory
next level \8.3.xxxx (directory named server's IP
next level:
\bin
\cstrike
\hl2
all of the files named by you arethere for me to eff
with
maybe that is just sloppy admin on their end, but
there it is
and no, I didn't ask for a hacked server either
EqualHate

Message: 5