You, fortunately, weren't vulgar, you were only a bit aggressive. You
were defending your opinion, and I don't find that inherently bad, but
you still seemed to have an unfriendly undertone.

"Their game, their code, their choice".

This is true, but that doesn't mean I can't ask why they have done so.

"Maybe Alfred will answer your question and maybe he won't, and quite
frankly "He" doesn't have to just because you say so."

True again, but it's considered polite behaviour. As I said, if there
isn't a reason for making this variable a cheat, then it should be reset
back to non-cheat, because I heard people talking about performance
improvements if it's set to 0.

~~ Ondra