> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 13:01:30 -0700
> From: e-Plutonia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
> Subject: [hlds_linux] HLDS vs SRCDS bandwidth usage
> Another thing is, SRCDS seems to have some sort of a bug in which the
> game skips, almost as if it were choppy. I''ve seen this on many
> servers and different configurations. I assume its something to do
> with the engine / netcode. There are no FPS drops whatsoever during
> any of this, there are no latency spikes ether which is sort of
> strange.

I have seen this before and it seemed to  have something to do with network
bandwidth settings...I have a friend who was running a server with no
problems, then he made some changes in regards to bandwidth (maxrate,
sv_updaterate, etc..) and the lag started up... I noticed this because our
server had the same lag problem as yours, so when i first played on his
server I noticed how unlaggy it was, and got his netcode settings from him,
then when he changd it and I saw it had the same lag as ours I got the new
settings... let me se if I can find them and I will post them here for a
comparison...
-Devin